Our Churches - Timperley Parish

The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
Menu
Menu
The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
Menu
The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
Menu
The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
Menu
The Parish of Timperley
Christ Church  -  Holy Cross
Go to content
Our Churches...
Christ Church...
Christ Church is a Bronze Award Winner Eco Church and a Fair Trade Church
         
Christ Church is the parish church for the Parish of Christ Church Timperley. The first service was held in the church on the 20 September 1849 and it was consecrated on 23 October 1851.  The church was registered as a Grade 2 listed building in 1985.
The church tradition is traditional catholic with worship of a eucharistic tradition using Common Worship. The President is robed. Hymns are from Common Praise and readings and prayers are delivered by lay members of the congregation. Pre-covid 19 evening worship was held most Sundays.
The church has a childrens corner, toilet facilities, kitchen and the St David's room under the balcony which is suitable for meetings and small groups. The church also has a Lady Chapel and an historic pipe organ.
Local  primary and secondary schools and nurseries are frequent visitors to Christ Church for their Christmas Carol services or when visits to the church can be used as part of the national curriculum.
The churchyard is well maintained part by volunteers and the rest by a contractor. Unfortunately there are no remaining spaces for new graves but there are still occasional interments in exisiting graves.
There is Baby Loss Memorial stone which was unveiled in the churchyard in 2020 for all who are living with the pain of baby loss.
Please check our times of worship for the upcoming services and we look forward to being able to welcome you.
Holy Cross...
Holy Cross is a Bronze Award Winner Eco Church


Holy Cross is a beautiful Church of modern design, consecrated on the 16th September 2001 by the Bishop of Chester - The Rt. Rev. Dr. J.R. Forster.
Some of the main features are the floor to ceiling Baptistry Circular Windows and the Stained Glass Entrance Doors that depict the history of Holy Cross.
Worship at Holy Cross is of Eucharistic Tradition, with a varied selection of hymns. Bible Readings and Intercessions are led by members of the congregation. With the building having movable seating and being linked to The Parish Hall, it gives opportunities for us to offer different styles of worship, such as Taize Services, Maundy Thursday Suppers, Breakfast Club and Cafe Worship where young families and children can meet and worship in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. There is a Children's Corner in Holy Cross and baby changing facilities.
Outside the Baptistry Window, there is a consecrated area for the burial of cremated remains. There are lovely gardens and a seating area, where Everyone is welcome to sit and reflect in quiet, peaceful surroundings.
Holy Cross was built on a strong foundation of prayer, which continues to the present day and the congregation are well-known for their warm welcome and fellowship. Please come and join us for any of our Services and feel the love of Jesus in Holy Cross Church.

Back to content