As with the vast majority of websites, the Church of England automatically logs certain information about every request made of it (see below for more details). This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information will be kept but reviewed periodically.
Relevant subsets of this data may be passed to computer security teams as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site or other computing equipment within the hosting organisation. Data may also on occasion be passed to the administrators of other computer systems to enable investigation of problems accessing this site or of system misconfigurations. Otherwise the logged information is not passed to any third party except if required by law. Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but those that are do not include information from which individuals could be identified.
Where forms are provided on this site, the pages containing these forms include information on how data submitted on them will be processed and used.
The following data is automatically logged for each request:
· The name or network address of the computer making the request. Note that under some (but not all) circumstances it may be
possible to infer from this the identity of the person making the request. Note also that the data recorded may be that of a web proxy rather than that of the originating client.
· The date and time of connection.
· The HTTP request, which contains the identification of the document requested.
· The status code of the request (success or failure etc.).
· The number of data bytes sent in response.
· The contents of the HTTP Referrer header supplied by the browser.
· The content of the HTTP User-Agent header supplied by the browser.
· Logging of additional data may be enabled temporarily from time to time for specific purposes.
This policy may change from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.