What's on Calendar...
Community Cafe will be re-opening on Monday 13th September in a Covid safe environment.
Feel free to drop in for tea and coffee with a cake and company.
Come on your own or bring a friend, a warm welcome is guaranteed.
Refreshments are free!
Timperley Parish Hall, next to Holy Cross church, Acresfield Road WA15 6QG
For more information contact Margaret Tomason 0161 945 4205 or by email
Jim's Induction at Tarporley...
The Parish of St Helen's Tarporley welcome members of Timperley Parish to the Institution and Induction of the Reverend Jim Bridgman as Rector of Tarporley
Wednesday, 1st September 2001 at 7.00pm
St. Helen’s Church, High Street, Tarporley CW6 0AG
Please make your own transport arrangements
The Wednesday Men’s Group will start meeting again on Wednesday 1st September at 12.00 at the Quarry Bank Inn for refreshment and fellowship.
All men of the Parish are welcome.
Timperley Country Fair...
We are hoping, once again, to have a stall at this year's Country Fair, which will be held on Saturday 11th September from 10.00am to 5.00pm at Larkhill.
This is a wonderful opportunity to promote our Parish as well as raising some additional funds.
We will be selling cakes and preserves, craft items, knitwear and greeting cards.
To help stock the stall, could we start to make jam, marmalade and chutney, over the summer, while fruit is plentiful.
Further details will be available shortly.
Pattern of Worship...
Our current pattern of worship is below, although this is subject to change during our period of vacancy and also for seasonal festivals. Please keep a check on our homepage for the forthcoming weeks.
9:30am Café Worship at Holy Cross
6:30pm Evening Prayer at Christ Church
11:00am Holy Communion at Christ Church
8:45am Breakfast Club at Holy Cross
11:00am Morning Prayer at Christ Church
6:30pm Evening Prayer on Zoom
11:00am Holy Communion at Holy Cross
11:00am Joint Holy Communion at Christ Church
Our live Facebook feed...
The appointment process for an incumbent is as follows:
- Diocese’s Designated Officer (Diocesan Director of Human Resources) give formal notification of the vacancy to PCC Secretary and Parish Trustees
- PCC Secretary/Chair arrange a special meeting of PCC and invite Rural Dean to attend
- Special meeting appoints 2 lay members of PCC to act as parish representatives in appointment process including interviewing potential candidates.
- Special meeting arranges completion of Parish Fact Sheet which provides factual information about the parish, congregations, leadership, buildings and finance.
- Special meeting arranges preparation and agreement of Parish Profile which includes what is happening in the Parish, what developments we would like to see and the role description for the new incumbent.
- The PCC has selected a small team to produce the Parish Profile and it would very much value your contributions. If you have any thoughts on things that you would like to see in the Parish Profile - for example what makes our Parish unique, matters we need to emphasise, the things that might entice the right person, then please let us know before the end of August. Also please share your thoughts on what qualities you would like to see in the new incumbent. You can email Carol Brooks-Johnson on : firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with Judith Woolley at Holy Cross or Judith Giles at Christ Church.
- When finished, copies of the Parish Profile, Parish Fact Sheet and latest financial accounts are sent to the Designated Officer for appointments, Parish Trustees, Bishop of Chester, Bishop of Stockport, Archdeacon, Rural Dean, Deanery Lay Chairman and PCC representatives.
- Vacancy is advertised on the Diocesan website. Bishop of Chester may have potential candidates to suggest.
- Parish Trustees in consultation with PCC representatives draw up a shortlist of candidates
- Interviews are conducted together by the Parish Trustees, PCC Representatives and the Bishop or their representative.
- Parish Trustees give notice of their choice of incumbent to the Bishop and PCC representatives seeking their approval.
- When all parties have reached agreement that a particular candidate is the right one, the successful candidate will be written to offering them the post.
- Once the offer has been accepted a Notice of appointment issued by Diocesan Director of Human Resources.
You can now help raise money for the mission and ministry of the parish every time you shop online, through Easy Fundraising! We’ve recently set up an account which means by visiting the Easy Fundraising website before you shop online, we will receive a small donation for every purchase made on participating websites.
So if you’re looking to shop online with companies such as Amazon, ebay, John Lewis, M&S and Argos (to name but a few),
- First visit www.easyfundraising.org.uk.
- Go the box "search for a new cause" and enter the Parish of Timperley Christ Church - this will take you through to the church’s page
- Click on 'support this cause' - this will then take you through to a new page and you need to set up your account
- Get shopping! For every purchase from supporting retailers, we will receive a donation.
It is a really easy and quick way to raise money for the parish! So spread the word!